Interesting Facts on E-Commerce
By Dan Wickizer on Aug 29, 2023
Posted in General
- US ecommerce sales are expected to cross the $1 trillion threshold in 2022.
- Global ecommerce sales are expected to more than double prepandemic levels by 2025 to $7.4 trillion.
- In 2021, global ecommerce sales were expected to grow by 14.5%.
- Social commerce sales will reach $45.74 billion in 2022.
- 78% of retailers increased their ecommerce budget for 2021.
- 18% of all retail sales were conducted online, a number expected to reach 22% by 2024.
- Global B2C ecommerce sales were estimated to reach $4 trillion in 2020 and are expected to reach $5 trillion by 2022.
- Global B2B ecommerce sales were expected to climb from $7.7 trillion in 2018 to $17.6 trillion in 2022.
- 57% of shoppers have made an international purchase online within the past six months, 45.5% of which come from North America.
- Millennials aged 25 to 34 accounted for 20.2% of digital buyers In the US in 2020.
- United States' share of global retail ecommerce sales is expected to drop to 16.9% by 2023 from 22.2% in 2015.
- 44% of all ecommerce sales are expected to be completed through mobile devices by 2025.
- The world witnessed 10 years of ecommerce growth in 90 days during the first quarter of 2020, according to some estimates.
- 65% of consumers prefer to buy products and services from their native country when shopping online.
- 69% of books, music and videos are purchased online.